Yet Another ☠️

Another pedestrian death in Portland. The transportation activists in Portland do nothing but focus on extreme ideology and demands like screaming for less cops and a closure of all Portland arterials to vehicles. Meanwhile pragmatic responses are not enacted and people continue to die on our streets. Pedestrian Killed by Hit and Run Driver in NE Portland

A pedestrian was killed by a hit and run driver in Northeast Portland.

On Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 11:48p.m., North Precinct officers were dispatched to a report of a pedestrian-involved crash in the 4000 block of Northeast 122nd Avenue. When officers and paramedics arrived, they located the pedestrian, who appears to be an adult male. He was deceased at the scene. His identity will be confirmed later by the medical examiner.

The driver involved left the scene and was not immediately located. No suspect or suspect vehicle information is being released at this time.

4 Likes

why expect anything different when Portland’s leaders are beholden to Antifa and BLM?

1 Like

And yet another pedestrian killed last night on NE 55th and Lombard. Hardesty does her victory dances while this carnage is still taking place. This entire city council is deplorable.

1 Like

I never understood the social justice warriors (elected or otherwise) in their belief that continuing to be racist (picking winners/losers based on skin color) is how we solve racism. Two wrongs somehow makes a right?
There are many issues with the police and I’m a big advocate of training, but I’ve only seen our fearless city leaders say that the only solution to solving poor police behavior is to instruct them to quit enforcing laws. The mayor and da have yet to make a public announcement (at least not that I’ve seen) countermanding their orders in the early days of covid that the police weren’t going to be making traffic stops.
Yes, the issue is complex and I don’t pretend to write about every possible situation in a paragraph.

4 Likes

Yeah unfortunately a sizable population in Portland doesn’t support even basic courtesy and common sense concepts like not allowing homeless tents to block sidewalks. Transportation advocates like Jonathan Maus can’t even muster the courage to say this should not be allowed. Portland is bizarro world incarnate.

3 Likes

This thread is a perfect example of how horrible the Forums have become.

Are there ANY adults in the room?

3 Likes

You have concerns about the homeless? Ted Wheeler laughs at us now. That’s what a joke Portland has become.

The forums simply reflect the dysfunctional dystopia of Portland. Sometimes reality is hard to face.

2 Likes

Reality is what we make of it. You’re making it worse.

I remember the days when nobody even knew where Portland,Oregon was. Now it’s known globally as a complete dumpster fire.

2 Likes

Reall? Maybe you’re ignoring the fact that we have record homicides, shootings, car thefts and vehicular violence in Portland? It’s like having a cancer in one’s body but ignoring it. Not going to help us beat it.

3 Likes

Hi. You must choose to only see what fits your narrative. What do you think about how the “do nothing transportation activists” responded to the death on SE Powell and 26th? The ones that mobilized and organized to do protest events and who got ODOT and PBOT directors into a public event to speak truth directly to them?

I don’t see you post about that. . I see you write on here how you don’t want to ignore reality, but you also love to post things in order to bend them into your personal narrative — which is totally different than a lot of the reality that exists out there.

4 Likes

ok let’s go with the cancer analogy.

What do smart folks with cancer usually do? Do they wallow in misery and talk constantly about how terrible cancer is and how it will destroy their body? Nope. They tend to try and be realistic about their condition, while also staying as positive as possible because a lot of research says there is power to positive thinking. They also seek innovative solutions to their condition and have a support network of people to help them find ways to get better.

What you do on here is the opposite of that. I strongly believe that our chances of survival as a city are better without all the absurd negativity that you and many others seem to love to spread.

3 Likes

Thanks for putting it more clearly than I could be bothered to. I’m seriously running low on the energy required to engage with people who don’t even seem to be debating in good faith.

1 Like

Translation: “Where’s Jonathan Maus to censor the scary ideas that I disagree with?!?!”

2 Likes

Not “debating in good faith”. Matt that seems for you to mean “doesn’t hold the same views as me”.

The problem is you’re outside their echo chamber. That’s distressing to them. And if you’re not inside the echo chamber then the only conclusion they can draw that you are wrong.

1 Like

Wow, the profound irony. Y’all echoing at each other, uncensored, about how I’m calling for censorship in my own echo chamber. You don’t even realize how ridiculous you sound now that you’ve shouted down most of the adults in the room. But go on, just keep stroking each other’s egos; that’s a healthy use of your time.