Welcome to the BikePortland Forums

Welcome to the BikePortland Forums. This space is for the community to share, learn from each other, go deeper into the issues we cover, or whatever you want to use it for.

I think now more than ever we need a space to connect that isn’t a social media silo and that isn’t motivated purely by profit. We’re impressed with Discourse (the software that runs this site) because their goal is directly in line with ours: to create respectful and productive online discussions.

Please consider grabbing a log-in (it’s not connected to your BikePortland subscriber or user name) and creating a thread. Ask for advice, share a thought, give us feedback, whatever.

And remember, just like all our other channels, we want everyone to feel welcome here, so please keep your posts considerate and be open to new perspectives. Disagreements are encouraged, but only if done with tact and respect. If you see a mean or inappropriate post, please contact us and we’ll take a look at it right away.

Thank you! — Jonathan Maus, BikePortland.

You may want to close this topic via the admin :wrench: (at the upper right and bottom), so that replies don’t pile up on an announcement.

3 Likes

Hi! :wave: Looks like this thread isn’t locked yet :wink: so just saying hi and earning my :emoji: :name_badge:. So far this looks like a really sweet forum set-up. The account creation and login could not have been simpler. TYVM for the 2FA!

Maybe this would be a nice thread to keep open, just so folx like me have an easy place to make a first post.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. What exactly do you mean by keep it open?

Oh, that first post, signed by you but posted under the username “system” has a note at the end saying, “You may want to close this topic via the admin :wrench: …”. Maybe Discourse has seen system posts like that pile up or get too stale or whatever, but your ‘welcome’ message seems like a nice way for new members to get their feet wet without jumping into whatever threads are active. That’s all.

Any chance you archived the old version of the forums? I feel that I had some pretty good stuff in there.

2 Likes

Hi @KTesh! So glad to see you here. Hope all is well in Yantai.

And no, I don’t think we have that archive. And if we did I’m not sure how we’d make it easily readable. Bummer I know. Wish we could have ported all of it seamlessly into here.

K’Tesh! There’s a blast from the past. Good to see you again. o/ Hope all’s well.

1 Like