Video of car driving on bike path NOT SAFE!

Video of vehicle driving on bike path. :frowning:

3 Likes

This is because the Office of Management and Finance’s OMF-HUCIRP is of questionable potency. They’re only concerned with wasting public away for improving quality of life for street vagrants and support the vagrancy services “non-profit” industry at the expense of qualify of life for community members.

It does not require police to issue citations for parking code violation for vehicles found in places where they’re not allowed and they need to be towed more frequently. State of Oregon ODOT said vehicles on ODOT easements is PBOT Parking Enforcement Division’s jurisdiction. Call 503-823-5195 when you see vehicles parked where they don’t belong, and demand action.

1 Like

By the way, I reached out to Portland Bureau of Transportation over a year ago to install a bollard into the bollard slot in the MUP between 7-Eleven and Home Depot on Glenn Widing to keep vagrancy vehicles from entering a section of NE 112th Ave that is not open to vehicles for the general public. They never even responded. https://goo.gl/maps/gEELtp7ykrUeDpra7 is where there is a slot for bollard, but is missing one.

2 Likes

Once again, PDX favors vehicles over cyclist’s lives. This is a culture-wide issue, just another version of Agression Worship. There are now cars parked along the Marine Drive bike path as if it were a residential street. Perhaps we cyclists should shut down a road in protest; why should the law apply to us if not to car-drivers?

2 Likes

That’s the way the extremist politicians like it in Portland. Laws generally only apply to taxpayers. If you say you are “unhoused” you can basically do anything you want. I like the protest idea. Maybe we could all buy a tow truck and tow these abandoned vehicles from the bike lanes and leave them in the middle of the street. That might get some attention.

1 Like

I’d personally be willing to shell out some cash to haul abandoned cars off to get crushed.

2 Likes