Twist n' Play Scooter Club riding illegally on MUPs

Last weekend the Twist n’ Play Scooter Club held their yearly Spring Scoot event, during which they drank alcohol at several bars and rode their gas powered mopeds, scooters and motorcycles on several multi-use-paths that are closed to motorized vehicles. A reddit user captured video of this group on the bike path in Gladstone:

According to a redditor’s comment the group also rode through Riverview Cemetary.

How can we engage law enforcement to fine and / or arrest this group the next time they drunkenly endanger pedestrians and cyclists on our bike paths?

3 Likes

Saw the guy riding the electric dirt bike on the Springwater Trail by Main City Park in Gresham a couple of days ago. Saw a guy blasting down the trail on a gas powered minibike last weekend. The anarchy and abolish the police aficionados amongst you should join in with your drug camping comrades and rejoice that you’re all getting what you’ve been demanding.

4 Likes

maybe call them motorcycles. Say recklessly driven in walking path.

3 Likes

Wonder if it’s the same jackass who has been tearing up Gateway Green on one of those.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this electric dirt bike clown before. When I read about that guy who got run over and killed on a similar bike a couple of weeks ago, I thought maybe it was the same person. Evidently not.

1 Like

You say that as if PPB actually got defunded. They still get more or less the same amount of money as they did years ago. Worthless police. Take away their funding and give it to an agency that can actually do traffic enforcement.

3 Likes

There’s no reason pigs’ comment should be hidden. It looks like it was reported only because someone didn’t agree with it.

1 Like

Bike Portland and many of its readers in a way support this type of behavior. Without a functioning fully staffed police force this type of behavior will only increase. NO ENFORCEMENT = LAWLESSNESS. The only good thing is now I can speed and roll stop signs and not worry about getting a ticket. I try not to but let’s be honest, I’m not the only one. Right? PS I did pay to register my car recently but actually considered saving the $. It seems you don’t need to register your car or have license plates to drive in Portland.

2 Likes