Show us your mask!

That looks good :grinning: how does it do with fogging?

1 Like

Thanks for the nudge, BikeIndex! I’m ready to do some banking…

2 Likes

YES! I made a massive batch - went through half a wholesale roll of 1/4" elastic, then donated the rest of the elastic.

It was a lateral move. I biked all winter with a balaclava… so I’m used to it. Bonus with making my own though, I made a channel along the nose to hold a pipe cleaner cut to size so I can mold around my nose. It decreases glasses-fog by about 90%. Short of buying ski goggles, it will have to do.

2 Likes

Love the pipe cleaner idea. Will have to try that.

1 Like

I need to own anything called “hel-muffs.” That’s brilliant.

1 Like

I use an NDM1PB air pollution mask for work because we have to wear masks, and masks often cause my asthma to flare up. My face is cooler and my glasses don’t fog up. I found the material to stretch comfortably and appear to be very well made.

I don’t wear a mask while cycling. I do intervals and other types of training that require a fair amount oxygen uptake which wouldn’t be possible with a mask. I’ve had two doses plus a booster of Moderna and plan on getting another booster soon. I do still wear a mask when going into stores and such.

Using an air pollution mask for cycling is an excellent starting point. The best anti-pollution masks will have no issues keeping out any problematic particles.