"Pay per visit" bike parking

So, I have an appointment in Lloyd area (700 NE Multnomah). I do not go to the Lloyd district much, so a monthly Go Lloyd membership of any kind does not make fiscal sense.

I see there are a few street level staples.

Why can I not “pay” to park my bike in a more secure location, like use of the P2 secure parking for the visit, like I could when driving and parking there? I could then have my ticket validated by my endodontist just the same?

Ugh!

1 Like

I scanned around the golloyd.org website…it’s disappointing to have all that potential for bike parking and not make it work for all riders. They should take a lesson from the OHSU Bike Valet service “Go By Bike.”

2 Likes

What a horrible site for Lloyd. They’re pretty much telling us what we already know: “use a good lock:”

It’s reiterated in their “brochure”:

1 Like

I suggest parking at the BPA building or at the Federal Building on the 11th Ave side. There are always guards there.

2 Likes

I haven’t been there in a while but the DoubleTree put in covered bike parking a decade ago, open to the public…

I don’t believe there’s a live attendant so not guaranteed safe, but plenty of folks walking to their fancy cars from their fancy warm-cookie furnished room, so maybe less likely that prying eyes (& tools) would be around?

2 Likes

Thanks for the information!

Need more bike parking signage like they provide for motor drivers.

1 Like