N Portland Riders/Commuters

If you ride the N Concord Greenway in the Overlook neighborhood, are you missing the planters in the intersection of Concord/Failing/Overlook Blvd or are you happy they’re gone?
Informal poll; thanks for your feedback.

I have started (a month or two ago) rolling through there about once a week, and honestly I had never really noticed them. (Google Street View remembers) When were they removed? I think the street murals probably take all my wondrous awe and attention.

1 Like

Thanks, MickO; they’ve been out for a few weeks now when my replacements were given away to another project :frowning: I’ve been scrambling for replacements that everyone is happy with and wondered if I’m just banging my head for no reason.
The planter boxes were to correct the intersection angles and make safer bike/car interactions.

I think I’ve found a nice solution, so stay tuned.

1 Like

Looking forward to the next installment. I loved the community-built feel of those planters.
An intersection in my neighborhood just got a paint and post treatment to right-size a big swath of asphalt. I’m happy it’s done but it doesn’t have much neighborhood charm.

1 Like

I haven’t been by there lately to see that they’re gone, but I did enjoy seeing planters here and would love to see more things like that around town. Good luck with the replacement!

1 Like

More planters in the street are always a good thing. Especially in this location where it just seemed to work well and added something nice to the neighborhood. Thanks for working on this. Keep us posted.