Getting lost using neighborhood greenways

Hey everyone.
For the most part I really like Portland’s system of bike/greenways that let you traverse most of the city.
However, for the life of me, I cannot help but find myself getting lost between Tillamook & Hawthorne, and the high 20’s and low 30’s.
It’s not a route I take daily or anything, but I do use it occasionally, and somehow I miss a sign, or turn down a street that seems intuitive, but ends up not being where I need to be. It’s not that big of a deal, and I always reach a familiar route soon enough, but it is frustrating(and kind of funny) how it almost always happens.
I was wondering if there are any parts of town where you consistently get lost where you don’t ride daily.

And I’ll further elucidate:
Heading North from SE Lincoln & 34th to, say around SE 28th & Glisan.

The bike map says (for one possible route), one could take 34th to, I think Alder to 33rd to Ankeney to 32nd to Couch to 28th. Somehow I cannot keep all those turns in my head.

Yeah, running north/south is a guaranteed way to get lost if you don’t have the routes memorized. I still have no idea how a path north of the 21st bridge across Sullivans Gulch works no matter how many times I try.

I can never seem to find my way west across I-5 via a pedestrian bridge. Try as I might I always end up on a major road with lots of loud traffic.

Is there not one on N.Bryant? I believe that connects to some greenways.
I also recall one down near N.Shaver near Mississippi, but I don’t think it connects to a greenway.
And I don’t think I can think of a crossing south.