Another dead pedestrian in Portland @ 445AM, was wearing all black, commentary and action request

I’m getting fatigued by all the traffic violence in Portland. Once again condolences to the family and friends of the deceased. This is the second pedestrian death in 2 days. This would have also been a tragic event for the driver as well. Peace and healing to that driver.

UPDATE: Pedestrian was reportedly dressed all in black and walking in traffic lane. Driver stayed at scene and cooperated with investigators. Shows importance of pedestrians using common sense and common safety precautions. Also shows need for improved pedestrian infrastructure to reduce vehicle and pedestrian collisions.

Speeds are up as drivers know there is essentially no enforcement. Ghost vehicles without license plates are everywhere as no one is enforcing the basic requirement that cars have license plates, current registration and liability insurance. License plates help with identification after “hit and runs” , reckless driving and prevents criminals from using untraceable vehicles for crimes. When will we restore our traffic division and institute speed cameras? A city without enforcement of traffic laws is one committed to pedestrian, cyclist and driver deaths. Sad commentary.

If you are angered by this please call and leave a voicemail with Mayor Ted Wheeler’s office at 503-823-4120 You can call anytime of day or night.

I would recommend leaving a voicemail with Joann Hardesty as well (council member who is charge of the POBT) but her office is so dysfunctional that their voicemail is chronically “full”. I guess she does not value constituent’s feedback.

1 Like